People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Me....So far in 2010

The purpose of posting my goals is to make me a little more accountable for accomplishing them. So, how have I been doing you ask? Well, so far I would say...okay but could be better. I need to really re-focus myself and try a little harder. I started back to work this week so hopefully with my regular routine back in place, I will be more likely to balance my life with the other things that are important to me. Okay, enough side-stepping of the issue. I will just confess and get it over with. I honestly haven’t touched my violin in days but from today forward I will…I will do it! I have been reading the Old Testament and you know what I figured out? There are 40 books in the Old Testament. Do you think that is any sort of coincidence? I’m pretty sure it’s a sign of sorts, the whole 40 thing. I am just as overwhelmed by it as I am by the man project. At this rate, I will be lucky to finish Genesis before the year ends. Okay, okay, I will do better. I am not a quitter! Next on my list is to take a little more initiative in the sports area. Sure I went near the Jazz game the other day and that was a start, but I think that I will study up a little more on the team and how their season has been so far. I also discussed volleyball with an online hottie the other day and soccer with another, so there’s improvement. Now…to get out there and play something!





Finally, there’s the whole, I have to lose 38 pounds soon goal. Mostly, I’ve been a little bit of a slacker but I am down one pound so that has to count for something right? I don’t know what it is with winter. I just want to eat!! That’s bad enough but I also feel too tired to work out. I feel like it is a battle that I am constantly fighting. I make myself get out there and do something most days but I don’t always end up spending a whole hour working out. No worries though, several plans are in place. Besides going to the local gym, I also have several workout videos, and on nice days, I like to get outside and walk or run. I find that switching up my routine like this not only makes working out less boring, it is also good for my body. Varying your workouts makes it so that you are working your muscles in different ways and your body doesn’t get too used to a routine. If it’s not accustomed to a routine it is more likely to burn fat…and that’s what I’m all about!




As far as my diet goes, I am not into following specific diets. I have looked at several and enjoy learning from them in different ways but at the same time, I am trying to find a way to live my life and enjoy it, without having to conform to some sort of specific diet plan. This needs to be something I can live with for the rest of my life. Anyway, on that note, I haven’t eaten any sugar in a couple of days but I did have some hot chocolate last night and I’m pretty sure that wasn’t okay. For the most part, I don’t like to deprive myself but I do try to set limits. I think that eating sugar only one day a week is a good goal for me because I am addicted to the stuff. Plus, eating it makes me feel sick. Why do we even do that to ourselves? I guess it’s the momentary pleasure of the delightful taste in your mouth! Other than sugar, I am trying to be more aware of my calorie intake and the snacks I allow myself to eat. I also carry water bottles with me everywhere I go. Drinking the amount of fluid that we are supposed to have each day actually fills you up more and makes you a tiny little bit less hungry. I have to constantly have it with me if I am actually going to make that goal. This is an area I really struggle with for some reason!




Now, on to the last goal: date 40 men! I’m feeling slightly behind but just as I was about to take a hiatus from the man scene after this weekend’s ‘incident,’ a small piece of hope returned to me in the form of an email notice telling me that I had a message from…that’s right, Mr. Family Man! It was a like a breath of fresh air after Mr. Jerkface, whom we will try not to bring up anymore. I replied to him but I’m afraid that it will yet again be several days before I receive any reply. From what I can tell, he’s not big on emailing. When he does respond however, I will suggest that we meet or at least talk on the phone because I am really not a fan of just writing some random guy every few days. Hello, I have dates to find! I can’t wait until the university starts up again so that I will have more finding options that are somewhat safer than the street corners of downtown SLC and the sleazebags online!

1 comment:

Growing Up Skye said...

Hey, when soccer starts back up, you can hang out in Sandy near the REAL Salt Lake stadium! I went to a game once and it was really fun and from what I could see and heard from Lance's friends, there are tons of guys into REAL Salt Lake! Oh, and I know what you mean about sugar! I'm trying to lose my chubby tummy and it is hard when you like chocolate so much! But once, I did this thing where I'd just have a treat once a week and it was great so I'm going to try that again like you want to do because I think it's a good goal, too. They do have all those 100 calorie snacks which is cool in a way, but sometimes it's hard just eating one bag rather than all six bags that are in the box, so you just have be careful and do what's right for you! Good luck!