People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Intentions

You know what they say about good intentions right? “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.” Well, let’s not be that drastic but let’s just say that today…I had some good intentions for my finding project but those intentions did not exactly become a reality. I saved my finding efforts this weekend for tonight; mostly because I had other plans and was busy the rest of the weekend. I also knew however, that there was a CES fireside tonight (a church meeting for young single adults) where there would be plenty of opportunity for scoping. Usually, I dread large single gatherings of this nature and hope to do nothing more than to blend into a wall and watch from an outside perspective. I would certainly never dare go without a complete posse of support. Tonight was the night for risks however. I’ve turned a page in my life and I’m determined to meet my goals. So, I went alone!


Almost immediately upon entering the chapel, I was looking around for the right group of guys and I found them, very near to me. The problem: they were from my ward so I already knew them. They beckoned me to come and sit with them though. I didn’t want to be rude…what was I supposed to do? So…I took the easy way out and sat with the security of well known friends. My goal before going to the fireside was just to talk to one guy…just one. Well, I didn’t exactly specify whether I knew the guy or not so in a sense, I guess you could say I met my goal, right? I know…it’s totally cheating but I gotta say, I just wasn’t feeling it today. I had a great day, don’t get me wrong, I was just totally distracted by Gentleman #1. Sundays are like that for me.

No worries, Sunday is over, it’s a new week and I’ve got two more possibilities to add to my line up. That’s right…my fabulously, fantastic friend has been doing her own searching for me and has come up with two more takers for a date with me. So, while I was a little bit of a cheater this weekend, my efforts, being the best they could be under the circumstances, were still rewarded and I have two more possibilities to chalk up for my weekend of contemplation and searching. Now, let’s just hope for an actual date soon. A real, live date…how would it be?!

No comments: