People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Back!

Remember when I read the diet book that wasn’t really a diet book recently? The one entitled, “The Gabriel Method.” Good, now do you remember how it threw me off a little on my diet technique? I loved what I learned and wanted to put it into practice but it was hard to give up some of my old ways of thinking…it still is. Anyway, I had a little set back in the diet area and I am still working on that but I think that I have some good ideas on the subject and have put some of them into practice.


Anyway, this post is not about my diet…or lack thereof. I bring this up because I am almost at the point of information overload…almost to the point of crashing. Well, I may have already experienced just that and am trying to recover. What is this overload? Well, as you know, I have been researching dating and relationships like none other. I want to be an expert on the matter. In fact, I have decided that if I could choose another career (and maybe someday I will) it would be something similar to this…kinda like Ms. Snell…a dating coach/marriage and family counselor. I love that idea.

Okay, this post is also not about my career ambitions, it’s about my current project which involves me…and making me better at dating and life in general. To accomplish this feat I have enlisted the help of several wise experts. They all speak truths that have helped me to grow immensely. So, what is the problem? Well, the problem is that I have been doing everything all wrong my whole life and have continued to do so, even while in the throngs of this current experiment. While this shouldn’t really be a problem, but rather a learning point, a point to move forward from, I’m still fighting insecurities at having screwed up and at having held out hope where hope was not an option. Even still, I feel like every day I grow a little at having learned and now my hope is that I can remember the lessons given me and use them for better.


One thing that I love about Greg Behrendt (author of “He’s Just Not That Into You), is that he advises us women not to waste time thinking about and mourning over someone who isn’t interested in us because we are too good for that. He says it way better of course. I think I already mentioned this but one of the first things he says is that we shouldn’t waste our pretty on someone who doesn’t appreciate it. Instead, he says to focus our attention and thoughts on finding the guy who will appreciate us and will want to spend time with us, and put forth effort to be with us and do things for us, etc. We deserve more. I deserve more. I don’t deserve to waste hours and hours worrying about whether or not the gentleman is interested in me. He has already told me through his actions and now that I know and can accept it…I feel like a burden has been lifted off of me. It’s kinda weird. I’m ready to get out there and meet amazing man #8 though.

Having been on vacation for a week (and maybe a little more before that) I am feeling slightly off my game and out of it. I loved vacation though. It was so great to forget about the whole thing for awhile. Being away from here; being with my family, made me focus on others and not on myself. It was so fun to be with them and just be who I am. I enjoyed throwing a football in the park with my brothers, skipping and frolicking with my mom and nieces and nephews, cuddling a tiny, baby niece, talking with, listening to and watching the people that I love most. It made me feel like nothing is missing in my life and that I didn’t have anything to worry about. Ahh, it was nice while it lasted. Now however, I am so ready to get my game back on. What a slacker!!!! Tonight is institute. I’m really not sure if there are any more potentials there, but I will certainly keep my eyes open. I also have some other ideas in mind, so don’t give up on my yet!

No comments: