People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Monday, February 22, 2010

I Love Men!

Yep, it’s true, I really do. I am grateful for my man friends. I don’t know what it is about them but, they are just different to talk to and fun to hang out with. They come up with crazy things to talk about or to do, and mostly I just love getting attention from them! Haha…everyone needs a little male attention from time to time right? Also, it’s nice to be able to have light shed on the male species in a non-threatening setting, you know what I mean? When you are just friends, it’s easy to see into their world, learn how to converse with them, and learn what it is that you do that will get their attention. I am good at being friends with guys. I think we have established this already. Bring it on #4; I can be your friend any day. It’s the dating part that I’m not so good at. Anyway, I had a good day yesterday, talked to Gentleman #1 and his friends quite a bit, as well as the rest of the guys at church. They are fun friends that usually get me laughing so, good times! Hopefully we will be playing basketball later this week which will allow me to not only hang out with them, but to work on my goal to be more involved with sports.


In the long run however, I’m not looking for friends; I’m lookin’ to get married! I totally had a dream last night that I went to the temple and there were brides EVERYWHERE. I was a little annoyed. The place was overrun with them. Don’t worry though, I wasn’t one of them. I was on the sidelines looking in. They all seemed to have some sort of catastrophe happening. Oh well, their problem.



Anyway, what I was getting at is that I have a fun finding plan scheduled for tonight so make sure you check in tomorrow to find out what it is and how it went. I’ll give you a small hint about it. I have never done it before but I have seen it done in movies. It’s something that I have been wanting to try for a long time. You intrigued? Good…then stayed tuned because I am on the prowl for #6. I haven’t heard back from #5 so I’m moving on. Seriously, how does one get a second date?? Been a mystery my whole life I guess. I’ve been on very few. Okay, Nice Guy and Superman would have taken me out again I’m sure, but how do you get a second date from a guy you’re actually interested in? I’m going to keep working on that and let you know later. Wish me luck tonight because I am tired and feeling nothing even remotely close to a vibe. I must find my inner vibe…I must!!!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I am a friend of your cousin Katie. I enjoy reading your blog. You are a good writer. I wish you the best of luck on your journey to date 40 men!

Livin it up said...

Thanks Amy! Glad to have you here!!

E.Maxine.Wright said...

Eagerly looking forward to hearing your new "finding" technique! I'm SO glad you weren't in the melee of brides. You deserve your very own special day--particularly after the crazy hard work you are putting into this experiment!

Livin it up said...

Haha, thanks Em!!