People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Twice Denied but Still Determined!

I need a date and I’m tired of sitting around waiting for one to come along. I understand the rules and all but sometimes, ya just need a date…ya know? It all started Sunday morning at my meeting. The President of my single’s branch had two more free tickets available to see the play this weekend. He offered them to me or another guy (the one who goes to choir). We both seemed like we wouldn’t mind having them so he also said that he had an idea. Despite the fact that I knew what he was going to say, I humored him and asked, “what?” He replied that the two of us could go together. While this situation could potentially be awkward, it didn’t really need to be. Needless to say, this man is not much of a man, and totally made it awkward. He refused to commit one way or the other but his silence said it all.


I understand that he was put on the spot but if he didn’t want to go with me, (which was super obvious) or he had other plans, he should have just come right out and said so. He didn’t have a problem doing that a few weeks ago when I called him to see if he wanted to carpool to choir that night. He said, “no.” He would rather just waste more gas and go on his own. He really said that, no lies! Anyway, while I had said that I was free and was completely normal about the whole thing, he said, “let’s talk about it later.” By the time later came around, I had well thought through the situation and determined that I would not go with him because I deserved some kind of better response in our meeting that what he gave. Now, I’m not saying that there is a good reason that everyone over 25 is still single, but I am saying that there is a good reason he is. But, back to the story. Later actually came around several days following, when he called me and left a message that he would be busy and unable to use the tickets, so I could have them. How nice of him.

Well, that brings me to my next dilemma. I need a date!! Despite his obvious rejection of me (which p.s…I have NEVER had any interest in dating him, but being the more mature person that I am, was totally willing to go out with him once) I was still determined to find a date and move on with this project already. I don’t have any interest in any guys right now so I finally decided that asking one would not be the worst thing in the world because I don’t need them to necessarily like me back anyway. So, I set out to find number eight on my own, because he is not looking for me right now. I was determined! More determined than I have been in a long time in fact! I will get a date, I will.

Last night, I was looking through my facebook friends trying to decide what to do. When in doubt, always scroll through your facebook friends. It’s the answer to everything. Anyway, I came across this guy that I had thought about, but didn’t know if I should ask. See, once again, I have never actually met him. The reason we are friends is because I know someone who knows him and wanted me to add him. She thought I should go out with him. He is actually an LDS recording artist with a couple CD’s out. He’s pretty good with a very soothing man voice. Anyway, I totally asked him to come sing in my branch quite some time ago and he was going to, but other things got in the way and it never worked out. I haven’t talked to him since (that was probably a year ago).

Well, last night I decided to get brave and send him a little email of love asking him to go with me and my free tickets, to the play this weekend. I figured, what does it hurt, I don’t even know the guy and if he rejects me, it’s not like I’ll have to see him. Also, who cares right?? I pushed send and tried not to give it much more thought. Well, that is until I woke up this morning and realized what I had done! I immediately checked my email, not to be disappointed, with a message waiting from him. He was very kind but already has plans. Denied…again! It’s okay though, he honestly was very nice about it and I don’t feel hurt by his rejection at all. Now, I just feel like I am back to square one. Who will be my date? The only guys I know are seriously under 25 or gay. I love them all, I just don’t think they want to go out with me. Any ideas? I will have a date to write about on here this weekend…I promise! One way or another, I really will!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Eventhough I don't "know" you, I feel like I do. I am not crazy, just completely feel the same way all the time. There seems to be a lack of guys over the age of 25 who are worth anything. Not that there aren't older guys out there, just feels like I don't know any of them. Bummer. I'd send you all the guys I know, but, I don't know that any of them are all that great. Sorry!

Livin it up said...

Haha, thanks Nichole! Sometimes it's just nice to know you're not alone in this crazy mess! I know they have to be somewhere...it's just really hard to figure out where. I am still determined to hunt them down though. Now that I am on Summer break from teaching, I have more time to do some searching. I'll let you know if I find any hot spots where all the fabulous, perfect, older men are all hanging out together.

Christine said...

Keep trying friend! I have a feeling that something good is going to happen for you! You deserve to have a great number eight!

Livin it up said...

Thank you Christine! Another possibility might be in the works so we'll see! I'm gonna make it happen!

Mariel said...

Make it happen, girl! I can't wait to hear about it!

Cindy Lou said...

You can do it!!! I have faith in you! And I will get to see you there! :)

Livin it up said...

Thanks ladies...I will! And Cindy, you are a cheater! But yeah, I'll see you there :)