People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How's My Driving?

Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with my driving. Rather, I thought I’d take another look at the old side bar on the left and let you know what I was up to these days. Don’t think that just because I was on vacation, I forgot all about my goals. I worked on one while I was in Boston in fact. And quite honestly, it was a very appropriate place to work on it. Boston happens to be a pretty famous place. It is one of the most historical places in our country. Being so important to us, and rather large, they have some well-known sports teams. Since it is baseball season, I thought it appropriate to become a little more acquainted with the sport. Awhile back, when I went out with the baseball fan, I decided that I should probable start by choosing a team. The Boston Red Sox immediately came to mind for several reasons. And I will share those with you now.


Reasons I should be a Red Sox Fan:

1. They like the color red, and so do I.

2. They are from Boston, the city that was kind enough to give me a Master’s degree.

3. They have one of the oldest baseball parks still operating…and that’s pretty cool.

4. I also like green because my eyes are green, and they have a huge green wall at Fenway that they call, “The Green Monster.”

5. I’ve heard of Babe Ruth (good candy bars too!) and he totally played for them.


(Yay, I finally put up one of my own photos...cause just look at that photography skill!)

Well, I’m still working on my list but so far, Boston is the clear choice for me. So, since I am a Red Sox fan, it was only appropriate for me to take the Fenway Park tour while I was in town. Actually, I stayed only a few blocks away from the park and just walked on over one day. It was beautiful! Baseball fan or not, it is pretty awesome to be in a place so steeped with history! I was even going to buy myself a Red Sox hat while in town but never found the perfect one. Dang it! I’ll get one soon because it seems like you should sport a hat for the team you follow, right??

In other baseball news, I’m reading up on the current Red Sox team so that I can sound a little more like an intelligent fan when someone asks. Also, it’s good to know what’s going on. So, they have a great website that I’m checkin out to keep me up on their current situation. Also, I’m hoping to go to a Bee’s game real soon. The Bees are our local SLC baseball team. I believe they are home next week so…anyone up for a game? Or maybe I should get a date!! I’ve got a lot of ground to make up on that goal…

P.S…my knowledge did come in handy last week at church. I was talking to a boy there about the Red Sox and he thought that The Green Monster was something else. I informed him that it was the big wall at Fenway Park. He didn’t know. I did!

4 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

Hey, if you go to the Bees game after my sisters wedding I will go with you, that is if you don't get a date. I think it sounds like fun! And I love the photography skills, you took an excellent picture of Fenway Park!!

Livin it up said...

I think they are actually home this week. I messed up. I will be out of town next week for my niece's baptism. Thanks for the photography compliments! Haha...I'll keep working at that!

alicia welker said...

Red sox?!! I need to convert ya to the Yankees side!

Livin it up said...

Hmmm...I just don't know that I am as big a fan of Blue, ya know? Wow, this is starting to sound an awfully lot like Utah and I promise that none of this blue and red discussion had anything to do with that, haha! I am completely neutral on that subject!! I realize that the Yankees do have a great record but that's not always what it's all about, ya know? Sometimes it's about greater things, like the colors they wear! And I am sick right now so I'm sorry that this is getting really weird and lame. I'm just going to go back to the current post I am writing!