People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

So Much Harder than it Should Be…

Why? Why is it sooo hard for me to get a date? I have been stressed about it all week and I’m sure that’s part of the problem, which just stressed me out more. You know what I mean? It’s like when people say, “you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you.” I then think, “Oh great, there’s yet ANOTHER reason guys don’t like me!” And then I stress over that. Anyway, I’m just saying that it’s hard to forget about it and not hope that something happens when secretly you do hope that it does. Because people always say, “It happens when you least expect it.” Right. So, I’m just going to try not to expect it so that it happens okay? Seems somewhat contradictory to me but whatever…who am I?


Okay, I know I’ve been on that rant before but it just sort of needed to come out again I guess. Haha. Seriously though, until this afternoon, despite my efforts all week, I did not have a date for tonight. All week I tried to exercise faith, as the dating coach suggests. I went out on a limb a few times. I asked many friends for help, and for some of them to set me up. Nothing…NOTHING was working out my way. I was completely discouraged and frustrated. In fact, I still am…but I have a date. Finally, I called this guy that I had in the back of my mind all week but had several reasons not to ask him.

Here are my reasons for not wanting to call him. Number one, I am totally not interested in him, but do like him as a friend, so I didn’t want him to get the wrong idea…ya know? Secondly, my good friend dated him and another friend used to like him so…I didn’t know if that would be weird for them and since I have no interest in him, it didn’t seem worth risking friendship over. Do know however though, I have my own interests in mind first in this area so if I was interested, I don’t think that I would hesitate, even if a friend was also interested. I love them but hey…I’m over 30 and I don’t mess around! Okay but I am not interested in this one, promise. Finally, my last reason is that he is super young. I believe he is only 23ish??

So, while he is a totally nice kid and super fun, I just felt awkward about asking him to come on a date with me. It came down to desperate measures however, so I swallowed my pride and gave the boy a call. He didn’t answer because seriously, who answers the phone when they don’t recognize the number? Anyway, he called me back after my awesome message in which I was sure to make fun of him for his ringer music. Thankfully he still agreed to go out with me, despite my comments about his choice of musical genre. He sounded a little hesitant but being the nice kid he is, he said, “sure.” I let him know that he was my hero, made the plans to pick him up promptly at 6:45 and hung up the phone. So, I have about an hour until date #8 and that is all I care about right now.

Wow, what a process though. I am still pretty dang determined to get caught up in this project, despite the year being close to half over. It’s summer time. I can go on a date every day. And I will. I just need to find more guys and get more friends to set me up. I’ve thought about some new people that I can maybe harass about finding me a man. Or just politely ask if they know any single men worthy of me anyway. I will inform them of the top 10 things I am looking for in a man, especially the top 5 non-negotiable ones. Maybe I will post them for you soon. Ms. Snell, the dating coach, gave some great suggestions on her blog about creating your own top 10 by the way so check it out here. Okay, wish me luck tonight…I’ll be posting about it soon!!

No comments: