People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Done

“Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t just don’t shoot their husbands. They just don’t.” I just finished a 2 ½ hour workout and I can’t say that I am necessarily happy. Before you read this post however, don’t go thinking that I’m all suicidal and stuff because I’m not. I’m just done. Done with this today. Done trying to be good enough. Done with stupid girls who think that they have a right to judge others. I never said you weren’t prettier than me, or skinnier than me…that you don’t sing better, or act less socially awkward. I started the blog for me. For me to heal. But you wouldn’t know that, because you don’t know me. You don’t know that your one thoughtless comment erased 10 years of mileage finding me. But hey, you win. The guys aren’t approaching me. They don’t want to date me. They never did. So why you ask, why do I get dates? How? I don’t. The end.


I just happen to be a girl, just like you. A girl that had a silly idea that maybe I deserved love too. But ya know what, I don’t need a man. I don’t need you. I don’t need anyone. I just want to be alone…away from people that think that all of life is a competition. That life never evolves past high school. I’m done.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Don't give up! I'm here for you, hoping for you and praying for you.

Cindy Lou said...

Hey, I just want you to know that I am here for you and that I love ya! You are an amazing woman and I am so greatful to you, for the example you are to me. You are a great friend and I hope you know how much I love you, just like a sister!!!

E.Maxine.Wright said...

Love you, Teresa! Don't give up!

Mariel said...

Alright, who said it? Where is she? Cause I'm ready to kick her butt! Teresa, you have talent beyond your comprehension and have an incredible amount to offer your future husband. Things happen at different times in life for different people. So, make the most out of life as it is, do what's right, do all you can do, and things will fall into place when they are supposed to.

This blog is such a great idea...there needs to be more blogs like this cause there are lots of single people out there that want to know they are not alone and that life is still meant to be enjoyed, to be laughed at...both things that you are good at! You are inspirational to them! Keep working on this blog, I'm checking on it all the time...pretty soon I'm going to have you do a post on mine where you share your thoughts/ideas/what you've learned so far. I can't wait for it!

Keep smiling and figuring out yourself. You have to love yourself and be really proud of who you are and what you've been given! There are always people out there that just won't like you, don't agree with you...but, big freakin deal because, there are lots of people that do!...including me!

Livin it up said...

Thank you! Thanks for letting me vent a little and for being understanding. Thanks for giving me hope and for telling me I'm okay. To my Canadian friend, thanks for validating me and making me feel okay about feeling so hurt. Thanks for all of you just listening and adding different things that help me in different ways. Thanks for being a friend.

Mariel, I would love that. I will start thinking about it. Thanks for helping me be a blogger! I like it. I hope it does help others. It helps me.