People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Mr. Elusive #27


I went on another date tonight. Well, I went on one last night too but that was a repeat so we will talk about that in a few minutes. Tonight’s date was another online find. His profile is kind of weird but he sent me a flirt so I decided to respond. This time around I am really trying to be open minded about anyone that may have any kind of possibility. This does not include the creepers or men over 40 though. Some I think might have potential in person however…and I try to give them a shot. 

Mr. Elusive was from Orem. We decided to meet for dinner at a place he likes in Provo. So, I made the drive down just to find out that the place had just closed for the next week. It also turned out that for some reason he thought that I was from Provo. He felt bad I had driven so far (since I live in the Salt Lake City area). I followed him to Noodles and Company instead and there we ate. We sat outside where it was nice and live music was playing. The whole time it was just kind of awkward. I really didn’t know what to say and just felt like there was something off about him. Maybe it was the fact that a few times he made comments and I’m pretty sure he was Andy Bernard (The Office) and not my online find. It was uncanny really. Anyway, don’t get me wrong, he was really nice and probably a very good guy. That’s not what I mean. I just wasn’t feeling any sort of connection there. He did however look better than I thought he would. He wasn’t too bad actually. Still, I just wasn’t on the same page. 

After dinner we went two doors down to the Red Mango. Remember my frozen yogurt establishment adjudication a few years ago? Well, that was on the list and I haven’t been back since. In fact, Spoon Me is no longer in Utah so I haven’t had any frozen yogurt in quite some time. I remembered liking it before though so I was excited to go back. Unfortunately however, I was pretty full. I got the smallest size and did my best to finish it off. The problem was that all that food began to make me feel a little sick inside. I quickly became way too full and quite sick really. There wasn’t anyone sitting close to us and at one point I may have let a little gas slip out and oh man….it was BAD. Pretty stinky! Haha. Why write this on the internet? Well, we are all here for a little entertainment right? Yeah, it was gross. I really needed to go to the bathroom but I didn’t want to right after that cause then, if there was any chance he may have thought the smell came from elsewhere, he would know for sure it was me! Soon, I had to just go though. Things were a little more pleasant after that. 

We didn’t stay too long which I was grateful for. He walked me to my car, talked some more, gave me a hug and sent me on my way. I think he enjoyed himself. He seemed to be kind of into me anyway. I just wasn’t feeling it back. That’s fine though. I need to narrow my list down because right now, I am talking to WAY too many guys! It’s not really my thing. 

On that note, I went out with Mr. Active again last night. We just went for a walk down by the Jordan River. It was quite nice! We walked about 6 miles total, just talking the whole way. At one point we had to climb on a wall to avoid a flooded section but he nicely helped me up there like a gentleman. Afterwards we went back to his house to drink some water. Then we stood there awhile and talked and then I left. When I first arrived he seemed excited to see me. He gave me a hug and said it had been forever. Cute…it’d been a week. Then when I left he walked me to my car and gave me a hug and said it was fun seeing me again. Later I texted him to thank him again and stuff and he said that he had fun and that I was easy to talk to. I think those are good signs but I’m not really about to read into anything anymore so, despite the fact that we have been talking almost every day since we met and that the day after our last hike he added me on the old facebook, I am just trying to date every possible guy in the freakin universe until one asks me to marry them.

2 comments:

E.Maxine.Wright said...

Do you think Mr. Elusive #27 has a secret blog and posted something like, "The girl I took out last night totally passed gas and tried to pretend it wasn't her. She was cute, though, so I didn't mind too much."? Thanks for keeping it real! It's great!

Livin it up said...

Hahaha, I hope so!:)