People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Friday, August 6, 2010

#9...Mr. Mafia

Today finally came; the day that would start this project anew and get me moving forward once again. I can’t wait until I break double digits, seriously! During the morning hours as I waited and worried, I went to the gym and worked out. It was good to let out some of my stress in such a way. At the same time, I became more and more anxious as I anticipated what was ahead. I thought of all of the horror stories of guys trying to kill or rape girls that they meet online. I thought of the reasons that he isn’t good for me. I didn’t know if I was attracted to him and I fretted over how I was going to later have to dispose of him. Then I felt like a user. Then I remembered that one of my guy friends tells me I worry too much. So, I took a deep breath and told myself to be in the moment and to enjoy now…to open my eyes to any potential or possibility and not to worry about what the future would hold.


So, I calmed myself down and took my time getting ready for the date. He finally called and came and picked me up (seriously, this is breaking the rules of online dating and I was hesitant but felt okay about it in this situation…if I had had any bad feelings about it, it wouldn’t have happened). This way my parents could get a look at his car and license plate number. I also emailed my mom a picture of him and told him his profile name and what site we were on. These are important things to do, no matter how safe you feel. You HAVE to take precautions…especially with online dating!

Anyway, Mr. Mafia…who loves guns and owns several….came and picked me up just after 1:30 pm. He is in the military, hence the name. He also wants to go into security and is very big on protecting people, and on guns….if I haven’t mentioned those yet. I was hoping for a hug but got nothing, nor did he open my car door for me…dang. Well, we drove off in search of a good park for walking. We found one in no time and set off on the path.

We talked and walked and it was just fine. We talked about all sorts of things, some which were interesting (scuba diving) and some that made me want to go to sleep, or go home (the end of the world, i.e. doomsday!). He is VERY big on this last topic. It is his favorite I think. I tried to keep an open mind though and join in with positive comments where I could. I like that he is so patriotic, as he is, but as with anything in life, there is a limit that if one exceeds, makes things rather excessive. I think he has the potential to be a little overboard in this area, although I see his point on many things. Nonetheless, it’s not something that I personally want to dwell on. I know that we are in a bad situation right now. I know that things are not getting any better. I know that we all need to do our part to make things right. But I also want to ENJOY life!!

Anyway, the walk was okay. Not that he was good looking or anything, but it would have been nice if he held my hand or something. I had it there, available, just waiting there all lonely! Haha. In his pics online, he had quite the muscles going on. All day I had looked forward to a good big hug from him. Then he walked up and I was like, “oh…he’s little!” Well, he is just much shorter than I thought. He had muscles though. And while he was okay looking, I didn’t find him attractive at all. Maybe on further acquaintance, if I were interested in a further acquaintance. Either way, sometimes a girl needs a little physical contact with a man too, ya know? I know you married friends of mine probably take it for granted but when you are a 30 year old single female living in Utah, you take what you can get and appreciate even a little somethin. This did not happen today….not even a little bit!

So, moving on, after the walk when we got into his car he opened the door for me. I though, whew, there is hope. I know that’s not a big deal but I think it is so hot for a man to act all gentlemanly like that. Mmmm. We wanted ice cream and got to talking about different types of ice cream which led us to this amazing gelato place nearby.

It was de-lish! We sampled several flavors and finally settled on what we wanted. We sat down for a bite and continued our conversation. I was glad at that point that we were not still talking about our corrupt government and the end of the world but more interesting things, like me! Just kidding, we talked about him too. We stayed awhile and then decided to head home. We took a detour however and drove through Daybreak, as he had never been. It’s a fun little community that is different from the other communities here in Salt Lake City, so we took a look around. Good times. Then he drove me home.

When we got back into his car to go home, he did not open the door for me again. Sad day. When we arrived at my house he made no move to get out of the car so I said goodbye and tried to look as hot as possible as I walked up my ghetto drive to the front door. Well, that was that. He was nice. He sounded like he wanted to get together again in the future. I can’t say that I’m real interested but I wouldn’t turn him down just yet. Maybe he doesn’t think I’m quite as pretty in person however, since he didn’t in any way want to touch me! Hmmm, we’ll see what happens I guess.

No comments: