People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!

Two years down on this project and half way to my goal! The most important thing I guess is that I am making progress. I’m not sure how much progress I am making on my other goals but hey, it’s a new year and a great time to re-evaluate. Actually, while I have remained active, I’m pretty sure I have gained some of those pounds back so it’s time to refocus there more than ever. In fact, another friend and I are starting a “Biggest Loser” competition with any friends, family, or anyone else who is interested! We are going to do a small pool of 15 bucks each and hope for a lot of participants! If you are interested, leave a comment with your email address and I will email you the details! It’s time to get back in shape…or less of a shape…for spring time. Seriously, it is right around the corner and you know what that means…time to start taking your clothes off! If we start now, we will be looking mighty fab by April right?

As for 2012 so far it is miles ahead of 2011 in greatness! I brought in the year so much better than the last! Two other friends and I headed down to warm, sunny, Southern Utah to celebrate and get out of here! We met up with another group who was there to party it up as well. A friend that invited me and actually knew the people didn’t end up going so we didn’t know anyone when we got there. We became fast friends however and enjoyed our time together with smiles and love. There were several good people that came in and out of the group. We hiked all day with about eight of us. By Saturday night, there were ten…five girls and five boys…all right around my age!

Saturday night we went out for Thai food…my fav! We made a rule that we had to sit boy girl. Then back at the house we played games and watched movies (aka fell asleep on the couch!).  At midnight we whipped out the Martinelli’s and had a toast. We talked about our greatest accomplishments for 2011 and the fact that we probably all had the same wish for 2012. I really hope it’s my year! I feel slightly hopeless about it at the moment but I’m trying to hang onto some bit of hope that it could possible happen! Anyway, I had a great trip, made new friends, and enjoyed the much needed sunshine!

 I’ve heard from Mr. Manly #19 a little bit but not quite as frequently so I fear that he is not really interested. I know he’s been working a ton but I also don’t want to make excuses for him. I just want someone to think I’m worth some effort. Bleh… Kinda sad about it because he seemed like a great guy. We seemed to have a lot in common as well. It’s so hard to start back at square one and to feel rejected even if it’s by someone you hardly know. Any rejection sort of brings back all the others, chiseling away at a constantly widened crevice in your soul. Here’s hoping for a good fresh start and success for all of us this new year!

3 comments:

Krissa said...

oh gosh.... yeah i can relate to that hopeless feeling... I'm quite confused about things over here myself... ill email tomorrow... but sheesh... i am hoping for the best for you and i hope Mr Manly #19 gets an awakening...haha.... geese these boys!

Jill said...

"chiseling away at a constantly widened crevice in your soul" -at least it fuels your poetic fires ;)
But we all have those in one form or another, huh.

Totally interested in a biggest loser competition!!! Jill Mennig at yahoo dot com. Unless it's just for locals?

Livin it up said...

Haha...yeah, I'm a dork! There is usually some sarcasm also related to the comments. :) I emailed you!