People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Memorable

Remember # 12? Yeah so do I. He was nice, right? Last night I went to a party at my friend’s house. This is the same friend that hooked me up with this fine gentleman. Being mutual acquaintances of hers, we both showed up. He arrived shortly after me where I gave him a very friendly, “hello.” He looked at me strangely and quietly said, “hi” and walked away. Rude! I was a little put out so later when he was near me, I tried again with a, “hey, how are you?” Same strange look with little response. Great! I brought a guy friend along because he texted me minutes before I was leaving to see what I was up to. He was in the neighborhood and seemed like he wanted some company. So, I invited him along. While at the party, I explained to him the situation and that I thought it kind of rude of #12. I mean, it’s completely fine if you don’t like me, but we are all mature adults who should be able to be friendly toward one another, despite our lack of interest right?


Later into the evening, #12 came over and sat near me with his friend. He asked me my name, told me his name, and introduced his friend, then proceeded to ask me how I knew our mutual friend. Unbelievable! I was honestly dying a little bit as it became completely obvious that he had no recollection of me and who I was. Haha. What can you do but laugh right? Then he looked at me for a minute (probably due to my strange behavior at his questions) and suddenly a light went off in his head. He asked if I was the relief society president in her ward. I answered in the affirmative and he said, “Oh my goodness, we went on a date!!” He was highly embarrassed and rather friendly afterward, whew! At least I found the reason for his distant behavior. It wasn’t necessarily me, he just forgot who I was. That’s hardly comforting as I obviously wasn’t a very memorable date, but it made me laugh anyway!

It seems to be some sort of epidemic however. This occurrence awakened me to the realization that I am forgettable! Oh no!! Here is why I think so. I flirt with boys all the time. Honestly, I do. I have a small handful that I flirt with in different places and situations of which I am a part. Tonight for example, I went to dinner at a friend’s house. Actually, she is on a mission in New Jersey for the next 15 months but I hang out at her house sometimes. She has two brothers. One of them was the one who hung out with me last night. After the party we got hot chocolate and sat drinking it and talking for two hours. It was a lot of fun. Neither one of us is interested in the other however, but that is a good thing. Tonight, he and his older brother who is much closer to my age, way better looking, and significantly more fun to flirt with, were at the house. Older brother and I have some good times together. He once duct taped my shoe to my foot. Today he was snapping his scarf at me while I tried to steal it from him, and later on, when he stole my spot on the couch so I sat on the arm rest next to him, he kept trying to push me off… so I eventually just sat on his lap. He told me too though so no worries…I didn’t just sit on him! Anyway, he is fun but yeah, nothing there really. I honestly can’t see myself ever dating him and I’m pretty sure he feels the same way about me.

Besides these brothers, there are a few others who come around now and then and we have some good times. Tonight however, I reflected on this entire situation and wondered what it was about me that kept each of these guys from being interested in me. They don’t mind flirting and seem to like me that way, but when it comes to dating, I am not their pick. Why?? Well, I haven’t figured that out yet but I do mean to do some further investigation because let’s be honest, this cannot go on forever like this way! I need some real lovin’ one of these days!

No comments: