People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Left Behind...



I went on 5 dates last week. It was exhausting! This week I’ve slowed down and while it’s been nice, I’m also feeling pretty lonely and left behind. Mr. Manly the pilot who could never commit is engaged; the second pilot who just decided to drop me like a jr. high school girl without a word or cause is who knows where but probably dating someone else by now; Mr. Active who recently told me that I dated him at the wrong time because he was having a hard time opening himself up to anyone else, is now dating someone; the guy that didn’t want to date but was really excited to meet me is back with his ex. Everyone else just wants to take advantage of me and try to compromise my morals. I’m done. 

Okay, I’m obviously not really done because I just KEEP putting myself through this. But I have known for a little while that it was time to slow down a little. This week, I haven’t been on a single date…yet. So, let’s look back to the last couple of weeks and tell you about some of the men I met. There were some good ones in there, don’t be fooled by my current cynicism. I went to the fair with a really witty (I say sarcastic, he says witty) guy that I had a good time with. He is extremely nice and very good. He was really funny and his two friends that came along as well were also quite delightful. 

We rode the big yellow slide (at my request) 5 times! They grew to love it (almost) as much as me!! The highlight of the date for him was the ferris wheel. Why? Well, I am terribly afraid of those things! He was quite the gentleman and put his protective arm around me and held my hand with his other arm. I wasn’t worried a single bit about his hands wandering where they shouldn’t…because he is a good guy, and is not like that. The rest of the date consisted of sharing funnel cake and cotton candy, and wandering around looking at stinky animals and sometimes interesting art. We even witnessed a rather loud fart as we walked past an older man minding his own business in the gallery. We just looked at each other and giggled a little. 




At the end of the date he and his friends dropped me off where I had left my car. He hugged me and we said goodbye. I got in my car and then looked over to see his friends both looking at me with cheesy grins and waving. I couldn’t help but laugh out loud and feel grateful for a fun night! 

As for my other dates well, I finally had a second date with Mr. Patient. We had lunch last Friday at La Puente. It was good…another pleasant meeting. I like him. I think he is a good guy, and I don’t have any objections to him other than just the fact that I’m not super excited about him. I am not sure what it is. We get a long and I would be totally willing to go out with him again, I’m just not feeling anything for him yet.
Saturday night and Thursday night I had dinner with two more super nice guys. Thursday’s seemed like he was about to fall asleep the whole time and though I liked him better than I thought I would, I just wasn’t feeling it…at all. I let him know this week when he asked if I’d be interested in hanging out again. Saturday night took me to Benihana’s. Yum!! I felt a little bad at the huge expense but I had a good time and once again, was pleasantly surprised at what I found in person. I’m telling ya…don’t judge a book by its picture. People can be so different in person. He has always been super nice and I can tell that he is a good person but I wondered if we would click at all in person. Things went just fine though and I hope to see him again sometime to see if anything is really there. Meanwhile, I’m hiking with the guy from the fair this Saturday and some of his friends. We’ll see how it goes. 

As for the surprise meet up I promised you…it didn’t happen. The guy that I referred to awhile back as the perfect date or a date from the movies that lives in a different state was going to be in town…but it ended up not happening. It just wasn’t meant to be. Oh well… Moving on. I’m talking to some other nice guys but really just feeling things slowing down as I re-evaluate life for a little while.

5 comments:

Krissa said...

oh girl... i hear ya... sometimes going through a break of dating is the best thing...get back to focusing on you...
ugh... dating sucks sometimes... i wish i had answers... sounds like there are a few nice guys... and maybe its just being friends first and it growing into something more later...you know...
thinking happy thoughts for you girl!!!

Mariel said...

Both of those guys sound fun! Any feelings for the yellow slide guy? And, where is that yellow slide??

Livin it up said...

Thanks Krissa! It's at the State Fair...so fun! It's always over by the stadium.. And yeah, I like him. We went hiking last Friday with his same two friends which are super awesome and his dad. It was a really good day! We are both dating a lot of people though so I don't really know.. Def a fun crowd though! :)

Anonymous said...

Why do his friends keep coming with him on your dates? That's wierd.

Livin it up said...

Because they were already planning those things and he invited me along. Normally I might find this awkward but I actually got along with them really well and I was glad they were there. :) It was a lot of fun! The hike was their thing for sure...I just pretty much invited myself along.