People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stood Up

Yes, you read that correctly. In an effort to experience every aspect of the dating spectrum, I thought I’d try my hand at being stood up this week. It’s all for you, friends…all for you. Okay, I didn’t actually plan this little scenario (who would??) but it happened nonetheless.  I had a date scheduled for 6:30pm on Friday night. The man was supposed to call me before then to get my address so that he could pick me up and take me to dinner. I got all ready (not too ready because I wasn’t all that thrilled in the first place but…you will learn more about that later…on another post) and waited for him to call. 6:30 came and went and my phone remained silent. Yes, the ringer WAS on. The more time passed, the more annoyed I became. There were honestly other things I would have rather been doing at that moment but I had to decline due to the date that I did not want to go on (because remember how I am done?? Yeah, still feel the same way). 

Finally, I decided to take myself out to dinner. I was starving and not about to sit around all night on a Friday night, waiting for some guy to call. I took myself downtown, toward the nearest Zupas location. As I neared my destination, Mr. Late finally decided to give me a call. I was in no mood to talk to him over an hour after he was supposed to pick me up, so I ignored the call. He left a message apologizing but I knew that there was no way I could call him back at that moment. No need though, he called me again. Still, I did not answer. Immediately he tried again and I realized that he probably was really sorry so…I picked up. He apparently works nights and had fallen asleep and not woken up in time. Yes, he said he did think he had set his alarm but, apparently hadn’t. At any rate, I was still annoyed but talking to him anyway.

He wanted to come pick me up but I told him I was downtown. Ahh, he knew then that I don’t sit around waiting for guys all night. Good. He wanted to reschedule. I told him that I would probably be available Wednesday or Thursday of this week (I wasn’t about to give him another weekend night!). So, yesterday I let him know that Thursday would be best and he finally got back to me today and set it up. Soo, tomorrow it is I guess. It was good of him to persist in making things right. Props to him for that. No props for me and my bad attitude but no worries, I will be friendly…and I will tell you more about the interesting story regarding my acquaintance with this young man soon.

Ps…Being stood up sucks, whether you wanted to go on the date or not. It still really messes with your ego. Lame! This is his last chance so I hope he shows up. J

No comments: