People often refer to older single's as 'leftovers.' Well, I am no leftover, nor do I deserve to settle for someone that is.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

When All Else Fails...Resort Back to the Internet!

Seriously, is the only way to get a date around here through the internet? This is ridiculous! First let me further explain my comment in the previous post about older singles. They have these groups on facebook and such for meeting other mid-singles. Well, among these are a few mid-single lunch groups. On them they give specific warnings such as the following:

“This is just lunch, not speed dating. Enjoy conversation with singles of both sexes while we try out different restaurants around Salt Lake and talk about things to do on the weekend.” They reiterate several times that it is not for dating!

I’ll give you something to do on the weekend, get a freakin date!! So, I met this guy as I mentioned and he does all of these group activities but never dates. It’s his responsibility to be asking girls out. What’s the problem? Why is it so bad to go there to meet someone? Why can’t we all just admit that we are getting older, still single, and want a date/spouse! Sometimes they act like it’s horrible to mention or want. It’s not. We should want it….that’s Okay!

Alright, there’s my rant on that. I’m going to move on now. It seems that just because I started a blog stating that I would date 40 guys this year, didn’t exactly change my luck in getting dates. Somehow this hasn’t just magically happened for me. That’ okay though, I still feel like along the way I am learning tons and doing far better than I have in the past. Progress is progress. Still, it is beyond frustrating and depressing sometimes to feel like you are never good enough for guys to ask you out! I’ve lost all this weight, really put myself out there, and tried to learn new things, etc. Yet, I find myself on Friday nights checking out the internet dating sites that I am so opposed to.

I’m still trying to keep my options open, obviously. I don’t do a whole lot to contact guys online anymore. I tried…I’m done. Still, I have my free account and do what I can with it. I recently changed out my pictures and as a result, have gotten quite a few new hits. Also, the emails are starting to pour in like none other. I can’t say that they are incredibly exciting but some of them are quite entertaining. Let’s take a look at some of the most recent treasures:

“How is it possible for you to be a single woman? You are stunning and seem like an amazing person! I am an equal mix of dorky, witty, creative, master smile planner and athlete with sprinkle of sensitive.
Something about you whispers amazing, maybe its the adorable girl next door thing, what ever it is it makes me smile :) I hope you are doing really well and hope you say hi. :)”

…Aww, he drew me a smiley face. Mr. Smiley here is a master smile planner. What is that???

Okay, I love getting questions like this as well:

“Well what attracts you to guys? What are your favorite pasttimes? And name one of your pet peeves about guys? oh and if you had a $1,000 what would you spend it on?”

…Hmmm, do I know you? I told him that guys who ask me weird questions are my pet peeves. Just kidding, I really didn’t. I’ve actually been quite nice to this one, despite the fact that he lives in Wyoming. I let him know that that was pretty much one of the worst places I could think of. Still, he wrote me back. Nice guy, I just hate weird questions like that when I haven’t really even talked to the person.

Several others have just left me the message, “Hi.” I reply with, “Hi.” Sometimes I don’t reply, like to this one persistent fella that just keeps trying. I finally blocked him. I just couldn’t do it. Anyway, good times on the old internet. I guess we’ll see if I get a date out of it or not. I’m just looking for some dates, that’s all. Lunch tomorrow…but I’m not allowed to get any numbers or anything so we’ll see how successful it turns out. The next supposed set up is going to be worked on in a couple of weeks so I’ve got some time to catch up with a few thousand in between. Any ideas????

No comments: